Virtual Bus

Welcome to the Virtual Bus Forums! In order for you to make posts and download resources, please take a moment to Log in or Register.

Nuneaton

The British Gamer

The British Gamer
The Modding Union
The Painting Union
The People
Hey, welcome to Nuneaton. I haven't made a proper thread for this yet, so I thought I'd do it here.
Nuneaton is going to be loosely based off the real town of Nuneaton in Warwickshire.

Planned Routes:
1 - Red Deeps - Weddington via Nuneaton Bus Station
2 - Red Deeps - Weddington via Nuneaton Bus Station (Different route to the 1)
4 - Bus Station - Whitestone via Horeston Grange
5 - Bus Station - Camp Hill
5A - Bus Station - Bucks Hill
9 - Bus Station - Stockingford
10 - Bus Station - Grove Farm

There will also be a few A1 routes, which consists of the 3 variations of the route 48, which goes to Coventry, Leicester, and Atherstone, there will also be the 158, which goes to Leicester, and a various amount of Arriva AI Routes.

The Plan:
I plan to have this map released by this time next year, with the first version, which will just contain the routes listed in the Planned Routes section, after that, I plan to slowly introduce expansions to the map, to allow the routes that leave Nuneaton, to be made drivable. Now of course, this is a fairly large project, so it is unknown yet if I will include the whole route to Leicester, or cut it down to make it a shorter route.

The Operators:
As I am basing this map off of the real Nuneaton, it will include the same operators as real life.
Stagecoach will run all of the routes excluding the 158,78,74,766,67,66,7
Arriva will run the 158,78,74,766
HinckleyBus will run the 67,66,7

So far:
Map development has been fairly slow, but I am confident that I will stick to my plan of having the first version out by this time next year, a beta team will be selected, so no asking for beta!

Pictures:
Nuneaton Bus Station (Still HEAVILY WIP!)

Bus Station Exit (For most routes):

Stagecoach Bus Depot (Extremely WIP!):

One-Way System leading to the railway bridge:

FAQ's:
Q: When is this going to be released?
A: I plan to have the first version of the map out by the start of August 2020.

Q: Where will you be releasing this?
A: I plan to release this map just here, on virtual bus.

Q: What will you use for AI?
A: I plan to use the Enviro 200, Enviro 200MMC, B7RLE for various routes.

Q: cAn i hAz BaYtA?
A: No, I plan to choose a team closer to the time of release, I'm not just giving it out to randomers.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me in this thread!

OP
OP
The British Gamer

The British Gamer

The British Gamer
The Modding Union
The Painting Union
The People
Not a bad start, I have a few things to question, maybe the 90 degree right angle turn or the 1000 bus shelters but its a good start nonetheless.
Thanks. In real life, our bus station is set out like that. It is making me want to learn blender so I can have an alternative to placing so many bus shelters. Also, there are quite a few turns like that irl, I had a look in editor, and they’re not exactly 90 degrees.

EDIT: if you’re on about the exit from the the bus depot, I know, I just placed the roads there for the time being until I can be bothered to change it.

kyle84724

The People
i have been looking for this for ages. i will do anything for early access maybe a beta tester ;D. i would love to see our local area on omsi i have been looking for it for ages. i live in bedworth and would love to see a route running through our tiny townn 55 bus stagecoach to coventry via bedworth and ash green, 56, stagecoach to coventry via whitestone, bulkington, bedworth, cross keys, ash green. 48, Coventry to nuneaton or hinkley or Leicester or atherstone. via bus stops XD. also word of advice right now their isnt a optare solo available to download as the site is down for some reason. so if you are indeed planning the 1,2 and maybe the number 9 route you will need an optare solo. hope ive helped in someway, i have had the enviro 200 48 skin for a while from cov, remember the ones with the green 48 all over it XD but just cant find the MMC anywhere. Take care, Kyle

Further, i hope you realise i will be watching this creation very very closely, this is quite an important moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The British Gamer

The British Gamer

The British Gamer
The Modding Union
The Painting Union
The People
i have been looking for this for ages. i will do anything for early access maybe a beta tester ;D. i would love to see our local area on omsi i have been looking for it for ages. i live in bedworth and would love to see a route running through our tiny townn 55 bus stagecoach to coventry via bedworth and ash green, 56, stagecoach to coventry via whitestone, bulkington, bedworth, cross keys, ash green. 48, Coventry to nuneaton or hinkley or Leicester or atherstone. via bus stops XD. also word of advice right now their isnt a optare solo available to download as the site is down for some reason. so if you are indeed planning the 1,2 and maybe the number 9 route you will need an optare solo. hope ive helped in someway, i have had the enviro 200 48 skin for a while from cov, remember the ones with the green 48 all over it XD but just cant find the MMC anywhere. Take care, Kyle

Further, i hope you realise i will be watching this creation very very closely, this is quite an important moment.
Hi thanks for the kind words and such keen interest in the project. I know there’s not an Optare Solo yet, but there are a couple of them in development. Unfortunately, I will be picking my own team of testers, and I’m not picking people who ask for it, sorry :( . Currently, the 55,56,48 aren’t planned for the first release version, due to the lengths of the routes, however, I do plan on adding them in the future.