Virtual Hub

Welcome to Virtual Hub! In order for you to make posts and download resources, please take a moment to Log in or Register.

• Forum Rules - Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the rules HERE.

Sam's Blender Journey

Sam

King Cookie 🍪
Admin
NELOG
The People
Recently, I decided to try and get back into learning Blender. For years, I have been fascinated with 3D Modelling and have always wanted to get into it. In 2017, I picked up this course on Udemy, but have only just had a chance to start working through it during the UK's lockdown.

This was my very first Blender piece from about 5/6 years ago. I created it from a YouTube tutorial, and found the whole experience so difficult that I never went back to learn any further!

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lhr8-1.cdninstagram.com%2Fv%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fe15%2F10955438_894608663924498_966970668_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dscontent-lhr8-1.cdninstagram.com%26_nc_cat%3D102%26_nc_ohc%3DReXnjhRvKiEAX9UO4gk%26oh%3Da0fa2ea91e116dc1fdf95b7efa1a5567%26oe%3D5EBBA0BF&hash=1049bdc491a8b5aeec8a0c2819748127

The Udemy course is nicely structured, giving you a great overview of the basics of Blender before setting you anything too difficult. This is the first proper piece I put together using a large number of cubes, a wishing well! Not bad for a first attempt, the exercise was mostly to help get a feel for moving and manipulating objects.

Hopefully, as I progress through the course, this will be a great way to see how straightforward it is to get your head around what is quite a complicated application, and it'll hopefully inspire others to take the plunge and get into the world of 3D Art. :D

Sam

King Cookie 🍪
Admin
NELOG
The People
Spent some more time in Blender yesterday, learnt how to apply material colours which really helped bring the wishing well to life!

Started on my end-of-section project yesterday and finished off this morning, again just re-enforcing the basics, although I did try and experiment with the glass. Made sure I optimised the model by using one larger sheet of glass than having individual panels for the greenhouse. Pretty pleased with how it turned out :giggle: